My little art quilt is coming along! Fittingly, too, since it is really starting to feel like spring is on the way. Last I posted, I had things mostly figured out and pinned in place.
Looking pretty good.
I then got the butterfly crown arranged. I ended up using a fairly limited number of butterflies because I liked the final look better than a more crowded crown.
Then I started to figure out how I wanted to handle the eggs on the tray she’s holding. I was thinking deviled eggs and was toying with the idea of some embroidery techniques to create the deviled yolks.
I cut out a bunch of tiny eggs, but decided I didn’t like the way it was coming together, and I had a brainstorm of another angle I could take. More on that next time!
I also got the flower blossoms sewn on. I’ll likely go back and thread paint some stems and leaves on them in a fresh, bright spring green.
I’m feeling pretty good about this project! Being on a deadline has lit a little fire under me, and hopefully that keeps going.