I am making more progress on the seemingly endless process of making my latest art quilt.
After sewing on all the moths, I decided to tack their wings so they don’t flop around so much. I was on the fence about this but went with my gut, which said that they should not be floppy.
I also spent some time thinking about how I wanted to quilt this piece, and came to the conclusion that hand quilting is the way to go. It will probably take me forever, but I’ve got to go with what feels right. Right now I’m stitching in the ditch, and will add some other quilting when that’s done.
As usually happens when I’m in the home stretch of a big project, I’m getting serious ants in the pants to start the next one. Must wait until this one is complete!