This past weekend I started working on the leaves for my fall frolic quilt.
This is the required fabric for this challenge – it must be incorporated in some way into the final product. I decided that I will cut out some individual leaves from this piece and use them as pieces along with a bunch more leaves from other fabrics. I’m not super hot on the green tones in the sample fabric, so this way I can stick with the more traditional fall colors.
I held the fabric up to the window and traced around a few of the leaves to make templates, which I then cut out. This was one of those times when I was very careful to pick up the right pair of scissors so I didn’t accidentally cut paper with my fabric shears (THE HORROR!).
I had already picked out some fabrics from my stash in colors that work with the challenge fabric, and then I used my templates to cut out a ton of these little leaves.
I just did reds at this point, but I may go through and do some oranges as well. I’d like to avoid the golds so they don’t get too confused with the sunset in the background. I also cut out some tree trunks to support all these leaves, but neglected to take a photograph of those. I really need to figure out the witches next!