Last week I got a start on cutting out a zillion leaves for my Fall Frolic quilt, and this weekend I continued working on those trees.
I want to provide a background for the trees themselves, since I’m not planning on showing any exposed branches. I didn’t want the edges of this background to show as distinct from the leaves that will go over top, though, so I used my leaf templates to cut out leaf shapes along the edges of the background pieces.
These pieces may very well end up completely covered, but I just wanted to be sure that the foliage seemed solid underneath the individual leaf pieces.
I also started working on the foreground, with this cauldron and flames. I started working on the witches as well, but didn’t get too far yet. Next weekend I hope to get those complete!
It has been pretty busy in CraftyTown lately – I have a lot of things on the work table (and still trying to find a good replacement work table).