I participated in a swap on the Knitting for Blythe group on Rav recently, and the person to whom I sent goodies posted pics. She loves the items I made, and I’m so happy she does!
I had noticed that she had a Petite as well as Neo Blythe, so I made matching sets of sweaters and dresses. I love the corduroy skirt her Petite is wearing with the sweater!
Thanks for being a great swap recipient, Cupcake Snowflake!
I made a cute pirate dress for my Blythe:
I used the Puchi Collective Empire Dress pattern and added an extra band of the Jolly Roger fabric at the hem. The more I work on dresses for Blythe using the patterns that are available online, the more I see how I can make small changes to suit my own tastes. Yay for customizing things.
With that, I will also announce that I have finally named my Blythe. Drumroll, please…
The winner is: Willow! Thanks to everyone who voted in my poll and submitted suggestions.
So, the day after I got my Blythe, we left for a roadtrip vacation to visit my sis and her hub in Florida. (Internet disclaimer: Note to any would-be thieves, we have house sitters.) So I haven’t had a chance to do much with her yet, but I had made one dress before I even got her. Here it is!
I posed her with some of Susan’s stuff today. Hunting with the Microscope:
Today, Susan made her a party dress!
More photos on Flickr.
As usual, we dressed up for Halloween today at the library. I decided to be Little Miss Muffet, because I like to do storybook characters and I found a neat spiderweb fabric at Joann when I was figuring out what to be. I also decided that LMM lived in Jane Austen’s time, and that she saw the error of her ways and recognized the merits of the spider.
I created a representation of a tuffet and put a bowl and spoon for curds and whey on it.
Karl helped me by sewing the spider onto my shoulder before I left for work this morning. Other than the spider (and the bowl and spoon), I made everything in the costume. I thought it might be difficult but creating the bonnet was easier than I expected. I looked at some images of regency era bonnets and then made it up as I went along. I used cardboard to make the back, which I then covered in fabric, and I created the brim from a place mat. A little sewing with a carpet needle and some hot glue gun action later, I had a bonnet!
I do have to say that this costume was much more comfortable than some others I’ve worn, which was nice for wearing all work day. Most people seemed to get it right off the bat, too, so I only had to explain it to a few. All in all, a successful halloween!