I have been so busy lately making things that I haven’t been making time to post about them. I also procrastinated taking photos of a number of things, which meant I had an excuse to not be ready to post yet. This past weekend I was supremely productive and not only made a bunch of new things, I also got almost completely caught up with myself.
First, let’s start with some knitting that I started what feels like AGES ago.
This is the Crassula Shawl. I made this one up as I went along – I wasn’t 100% sure what I wanted, but I’m 100% pleased with how it turned out!
I started out with narrow stripes and gradually worked up to wider stripes, alternating colors between a grey and a really lovely variegated turquoise blue colorway.
Next up is the Pink Fizz Shawl. I named this one for the Hellebore variety that has a pink and white stripe-ish pattern on the petals. It starts with narrow stripes at each end, works up to fairly wide stripes and back down to narrow again, with quite a few narrow stripes in the center section. This shawl is also designed to be a sort of curve-sided diamond shape (there has to be name for this, other than being vaguely vaginal) rather than a traditional triangle shawl.
There are a couple more knitting projects yet to post about, but they’re gifts so they must wait to be revealed here.
I had last Friday afternoon off which made for a lovely long and very productive sewing weekend for me. I decided on Friday that I would finally make the Gadget Guard for my iPad for which I knitted some fabric nearly a year ago. I have a few professional events coming up for which I’ll be flying, and I may not want to take my laptop on all the trips, so I wanted to be prepared to take my iPad instead if I so choose.
You may remember that I made a Gadget Guard for my lappy last spring. I have been SO SERIOUSLY PLEASED with this thing. I use it all the time and it fits my laptop so well. The beautiful thing (well, one of them) about this pattern is that it uses a formula, so you can adjust it to fit practically any gadget. It’s super easy and is written so that you hardly even end up doing any math at all!
I was so pleased that my knitted fabric worked out so well! It adhered to the fusible interfacing really easily and I mostly kept the stripes going very straight.
I had to work in some nerdy fabric somewhere, so the lining is Star Trek – images of the Enterprise.
Okay! That’s it for this post. Stay tuned for next week where there will be more sewing and more Dog Under My Desk pattern-adoration!