This month I participated in a swap – as usual, for Blythe, but this time specifically for a 12×12″ quilt. This swap originated in an online group for Blythe sewing enthusiasts and I was super geeked to see it. I’ve been thinking of making a Blythe-sized quilt for some time and this was the perfect excuse!
My partner and I have swapped before so we kind of know each other’s tastes a bit, which made this so much fun. Here’s a video of me unwrapping the quilt she sent me (also includes pics of the one I sent to her).
We survived the flood last weekend pretty well and have no damage to report – we’re lucky! Many others in our town have flooded basements and yards and the local park system got completely flooded, as did several buildings at the University. I was slightly worried that we’d have damage in the gardens, but we fared quite well. A few things are droopier than they were before, but I’ve used some small wrought iron garden fencing bits that were left by the previous owner to prop them up, which is working fine. Here’s a quick update (filmed and edited on my iPod – pretty decent for the first try at that!):
This was such a fun swap to put together! My partner and I figured out quickly that we both like the Mori Girl style and that really informed my process for making things. I got so excited about it! I wrote a few new patterns for knitted items (see yesterday’s freebie for one!) and sewed a bunch. Here’s a quick look at the things I sent: